A perfect leash is a thing of beauty. It’s your best partner in crime and your main sidekick. Sometimes the perfect leash is better than your real partner! (“Do the dishes, honey, please, and I’ll walk the dog.”) If you’ve ever caught yourself thinking, “This leash would be 100% excellent if only…” look no further! If you can dream it, we can make it. We’ve listed all the most requested alterations below, but if there is anything else you want in your leash, please let us know.
Not sure what width and weight of leather you need? Here are our recommendations:
- Lightweight leather is best for small dogs weighing 15-20 pounds or less. Would be okay for larger dogs who do not pull on walks.
- Heavyweight leather is recommended for dogs over 20 pounds and dogs who pull on walks.
- 5/8″ and 3/4″ are our best selling leash widths in both heavy and lightweight leathers as they are comfortable in the hand while still being incredibly strong. Great for small to mid size dogs (20-50 pounds).
- 1″ wide leashes are only recommended for heavyweight leather, and are best suited for larger dogs who pull heavily on walks and/or dogs over 80 pounds.
- Please note that these are only rough guidelines, and leash needs vary widely from pet to pet. Still not sure? Email us and we’ll tell you what you need!